Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recipe Thursday

This is a casserole I made for some people who were not up to cooking one day this week. It is quick and easy and I generally have all the ingredients on hand so it is easy to make for others on short notice.

Tip- I usually have baggies of cut up chicken or turkey in the freezer. Whenever we have those I dice up any leftover meat and fill a sandwich baggie about half full and freeze them in a bigger freezer bag. This way whenever I need some chicken or turkey I can just pull out one bag for a casserole or pot pie or two for chicken curry etc. Easy! ~smile~

Note - When I made this the other day I made it in a 9x13 pan so I doubled this recipe.

Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen mixed veggies (could also use broccoli cut small)
2 cups cut up cooked chicken (I don't use that much)
2 cups noodles cooked. (I usually just eyeball how much will fit in the casserole dish.)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (optional)

Stir soup, milk, parmesan and rest of ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
Bake covered at 400 for 25 minutes until hot.
Stir.
Top with cheddar.

Enjoy!

Quick, easy and surprisingly yummy!

Happy Thursday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment