Thursday, February 24, 2011

Money Matters Monday

This is one for me.......
Stop shopping!

In the study yesterday we discussed serving mammon - money and said that so many people shop and shop and rack up mountains fo debt they can't pay for because they are serving their "god". We must remember that we don't have to be rich to serve mammon (money) the poor can be just as greedy and covetous as the rich are.

True so true! So one rule we can follow to save money is to just stop shopping for things that we don't need.

One of the rules I am trying to apply to my life is to not buy anything that I do not need, that is not going to benefit me and my family or that I do not have a place for already.

Sometimes I buy things that I just like at the moment, or clothes that I do not really need, or things I don't have a place for. Do you know what happens to ALOT of it? It ends up in a giant pile of things to give away! Was it worth the money? Nope.

So I am trying harder to avoid that money wasting pitfall of just shopping for the sake of shopping.

Hope you had a happy Monday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment