Thursday, March 3, 2011

Money Saving Idea

I have saved alot of money by buying whole chickens, roasts, hams, turkeys etc. cooking them and slicing them for lunch meat. When you buy chicken in the deli precooked and sliced it can cost 7-9 dollars a pound when you buy a whole chicken it is so much cheaper per pound. For example this week in the flyer you can buy a whole chicken for $5.99 each.

After the holidays I bought a turkey for $.97 a pound it was a 20 lb. turkey. Deli turkey costs $7-$9 a pound. To have the same amount of meat would have cost at least $140...wow....$20 or $140 just to cook and slice it myself.

After I slice it I put it in freezer bags in small portions which I can take out as I need to. Really easy...better to pay myself than the grocery store!

Happy Friday!
Blessings,
Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment